s10投注网址In your hospital room at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, we strive to provide the care you need in a comfortable environment. We’ve equipped the space to address your medical needs and support other aspects of your daily life.
“All s10投注网址 Me” Poster
s10投注网址Upon arrival, you’re invited to fill out an “All s10投注网址 Me” poster. The poster provides space to share information about your child’s likes and dislikes, and to give us ideas about how to help your child cope with difficult parts of treatment.
The “All s10投注网址 Me” poster helps staff and volunteers provide the best possible care. After it’s completed, we display it in a frame in the hospital room, where health care providers can see it.
Bed, Monitors and Equipment
s10投注网址The hospital bed includes controls and equipment to meet your child’s needs and help keep them safe.
- We show you how to adjust the mattress position using the controls.
- For safety, please keep the bed rails up unless someone is right next to the bed.
- To call for assistance at any time, press the button at the bedside. When it’s pressed, a light goes on outside the hospital room and at the nursing station. A staff member will respond as soon as possible.
Monitors and other equipment in your room and throughout the hospital make a variety of beeps and other noises. Don’t be alarmed. Your nurse can explain what the different sounds mean. Please do NOT turn off any monitors or other hospital equipment.
Sleeping Arrangements for Parents, Caregivers or Visitors
Who can stay overnight at the hospital?
- Two adults—such as parents or personal care attendants—may stay overnight in your child’s room.
- Kids younger than 18 are not permitted to stay overnight in the patient’s room, even with another adult present.
- If you’d like more than two adults to stay with a patient, ask us. We might be able to make special arrangements (depending on available space).
What’s the process for staying overnight?
If anyone plans to stay in the hospital room, tell your nurse. Our staff will prepare a bed and provide bedding for the guest(s) each evening. If you need extra sheets, blankets, bedspreads or pillows, let us know.
In addition, a Ronald McDonald Family Room® might be available for overnight stays.
What about longer stays?
If you need to be at Gillette for a week or longer, you might be more comfortable in a nearby hotel. Several hotels offer discounts for families of Gillette patients—see hotel options and rates (PDF).
Showers, Laundry and Storage for Belongings
Showers are available for patients and their families. We can provide towels and washcloths. Ask your nurse for information.
s10投注网址A washer and dryer are available to you during certain times of the day. Please ask your nurse if you’d like to use them.
We encourage you not to bring personal and valuable belongings (including watches, jewelry and cash) to the hospital. If you bring such items—and can’t send them home with a family member or friend after you arrive—you may store them in the locked cabinet in your room. We also provide a small closet or shelf for other belongings.
If you think you’ve misplaced something, please tell someone at the nurses’ station as soon as you notice the item is missing.
Meals and Room Service
While staying in the hospital, your child receives breakfast, lunch and dinner daily from Regions Hospital Food and Nutrition. Meals are delivered to the hospital room between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
s10投注网址You may choose meal items from a menu in the room. Menus are available in several languages, including Spanish, Somali, Hmong and Vietnamese.
- Meals may be ordered several days in advance.
- In most cases, you can call to order a meal for your child. From the hospital room phone, dial 3633. From any other phone—even when you are outside the hospital—call 651-254-3663.
- If you haven’t received your order within 45 minutes of your call, please inform your nurse.
- If you or your child needs help placing a meal order, just let us know and we can help.
On the Rehabilitation Unit, if a meal order isn’t placed by 6:30 p.m. the previous day, your child receives a standard menu selection for that meal.
s10投注网址On other units, if a meal order isn’t placed, Regions calls your child’s nurse near the end of the meal period. The nurse helps determine if your child can choose meal items at that time or if they should receive a standard menu selection for that meal.
Special Dietary Needs/Requests
- Please remind your nurses and doctor of any food allergies.
- If a special diet is part of your child’s treatment, we make every effort to accommodate it.
- Kosher, vegetarian and other special types of meals are available upon request.
- Staff can also deliver formula for tube feedings.
Meals for Family and Visitors
You and other visitors can buy food and beverages in several locations throughout the hospital, and bring meals back to your child’s room. Additionally, many nearby restaurants deliver food to Gillette—ask your nurse to see menus.
Bringing Food from s10投注网址
Refrigerators are available to temporarily store a few of your food items. Most units have a small refrigerator in each hospital room. In the Neurosciences and Rehabilitation units, a large refrigerator is in the kitchenette near the nursing station.
We provide stickers to label your food with your name and the date you store it. Please apply the stickers to items you put in the refrigerator, and please use your food within 48 hours. We discard food stored for longer than that.
Microwave ovens are also available within some hospital units and in family lounges near other units. Popcorn is not allowed in Gillette microwave ovens.
s10投注网址There’s a telephone in each hospital room. It has its own, specific telephone number, which you may give to others so they can call the room directly.
Room Telephone Instructions
- For all calls, dial 9 to get an outside line, then dial the number. If the number isn’t in the 651 area code, include the correct area code when you dial.
- For toll-free numbers, dial 9-1-[toll-free number].
- To call a Gillette phone number, dial just the last four digits.
- For help making a domestic or international long-distance call, ask your nurse.
Cellphones and Mobile Devices
You may use cellphones and other wireless mobile devices in your child’s hospital room. While using them, stay at least three feet away from clinical electronic equipment.
s10投注网址You may use cellphones and other wireless devices freely in areas where patients don’t receive care, such as hallways, cafeterias, lounges and waiting areas. As a courtesy to other patients and families, please don’t speak loudly when using a phone in your room or elsewhere in the hospital unit.
You can use the free Wi-Fi to access the internet from hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- With your wireless device powered on and wireless connectivity enabled, search for available wireless networks.
- Select our guest network, “gcshguest.” No password is required.
- The network will check to see if your device contains malware. If malware is detected, the connection will be rejected.
- After a few seconds, if no malware is detected, your device should connect to the network.
- If you have problems or questions, ask your nurse to call the Gillette helpdesk.
s10投注网址Each bed has its own television. Most beds also have a DVD player. Often, Xbox video game consoles are available. We have DVDs and video games you may use. Ask your nurse for more information. In the Adult Unit, each room also includes a radio and CD player.
s10投注网址If you bring any of these items from home, please label them with your child’s name.