Family Voices of Minnesota
Get advice from other parents who have experience dealing with situations like yours. Family Voices of Minnesota is a nonprofit organization that puts families with similar needs in touch with one another. It provides parent-to-parent matches with volunteers who have received special support training. Each match will look different.
s10投注网址For example, a match might support:
- A family receiving a new diagnosis and seeking information from a more experienced family.
- A family looking to meet another family whose child has similar needs.
- A family of a child scheduled to have surgery that wants to talk with another family that has experienced a similar situation.
Benefits of the Program
Parents and caregivers are great resources for finding answers to common questions.
Matched parents might have questions, such as:
- Can my child’s condition benefit from surgical correction?
- How will it affect growth and development?
- What will the future hold?
s10投注网址Although many questions are addressed during medical appointments and therapy visits, parents and caregivers might want additional information from someone who’s been there.
To request a match, email P2P@familyvoicesmn.org, or call toll free at 1-866-334-8444.